Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink eight (8) hours prior to the appointment, this includes water.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult (18 or older) must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle, operate any machinery, or sign legal documents for 24 hours following the use of anesthesia.
- Please wear a short sleeve shirt or loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat or upset stomach, please notify the office, prior to procedure.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Szutz prior to your surgical date for instructions.